Dona Murphy has been a Tarot practitioner for over 35 years. She developed Destiny Tarot® as a style and philosophy of Tarot reading for empowering and providing deep insight to her clients.
Using her natural psychic and intuitive gifts plus her real-world experience – a degree from Northwestern University and a twenty-year career in the field of Human Resources management – she helps her clients solve problems and create better personal and professional lives through spiritual development and self-awareness. Using the Tarot as well as Life and Relationship Coaching, either in combination or separately, Dona gives her clients the tools with which to transform their lives.
With genuine compassion and respect as well as an irreverent sense of humor, Dona entertains internet radio listeners as the host of her own weekly BlogTalkRadio program, The Aeon Café - Free Tarot Tuesdays; and she’s a popular, regular guest of the Tom and Emily Morning show on radio 95.1 WIIL FM.
Code of Ethics
As a Tarot Reader and member of the American Tarot Association, I will subscribe and adhere to the Code of Ethics of the American Tarot Association and respect the rights of my clients as put forth by the Client Bill of Rights of the Tarot Certification Board of America*.
1. I will serve the best interests of my clients, conducting my professional activities without causing or intending to cause harm. If I believe that a client is in danger of harming him/herself, or is in danger of harming another, I will refer that client immediately to a resource(s) equipped to address the issue(s).
2. I will treat all my clients with equal respect, regardless of their origin, race, religion, gender, age, or sexual preference.
3. I will represent honestly my Tarot qualifications, including educational credentials and levels of certification.
4. I will keep confidential the names of clients and all information shared or discussed during readings, unless otherwise requested by the client or required by a court of law.
5. I will recommend clients consult a licensed professional for advice of a legal, financial, medical, or psychological nature that I am not qualified to provide. If trained in one of these areas, I will clearly differentiate between the tarot reading and any professional advice additionally provided.
6. I will respect my clients’ right to refuse or terminate their reading at any time, regardless of prior consent.
7. I will discourage my clients from abusing the tarot reading process or becoming dependent on tarot readings; up to and including my refusal to provide a reading (paid or unpaid), if I believe the client is jeopardizing his or her physical, spiritual, emotional, mental or financial health.
8. I recognize that all ATA members have the same rights and obligations, and I will always respect and honor my co-members.
Client Bill of Rights
1. You always have the right to exercise your own free will and to make your own choices.
2. You alone have the right to decide if and when you want a tarot reading.
3. You have the right to a useful and supportive tarot reading experience.
4. You are entitled to the full attention of your reader.
5. You are entitled to ask questions during the reading to gain further clarification.
6. You are entitled to honest and complete answers to the questions covered in your reading.
7. Your tarot reading is private and confidential.
8. Your reading is a complete service in itself. You are not required to purchase anything else.
9. As a tarot reader, my services do not provide and are not a substitute for medical advice or consultation, I am not a medical professional.
10. As a tarot reader, my services do not provide and are not a substitute for financial advice or consultation, I am not a financial advisor.
11. As a tarot reader, my services do not provide and are not a substitute for legal advice or consultation, I am not an attorney.
12. My tarot readings cannot determine a definite future; my intuition and experience in interpreting the cards can only allow you to explore the possibilities and choices available to you. The future is based, in part, on your own thoughts, words, intentions, decisions and actions.
13. As a tarot reader, I am not qualified to make your decisions for you, nor am I responsible for the decisions you make.
* My Code of Ethics and Client Bill of Rights are adapted from the American Tarot Association Code of Ethics and the Tarot Certification Board of America Client Bill of Rights.